TRADE TRAINING CENTRES – DoE
CCG Architects has extensive experience in hospitality work, with 30 clubs and 40 hotel refurbishments, including commercial kitchens, which assisted in the design process.
The Metal Trades & Building Trade Facilities and Hospitality Facilities were completed to a very high standard and achieved the modern effective safe working areas that were required.
• Bega High School Trade Training School (Metals & Construction Facility)
• Ashford Central School Trade Training School (Metals & Construction Facility; Hospitality Facility)
• Bundarra Central School Trade Training School (Hospitality Facility)
• West Wyalong High School Trade Training
• Eden Marine High School (Metals & Construction Facility)
• Macintyre High School Trade Training (Metals & Construction Facility; Hospitality Facility)
• Balranald CS Trade Training
• Inverell High School (Hospitality Facility; COWA)
• Moree Secondary College Trade Training School (Metals & Construction Facility)
• Kandos High School (Hospitality, Metals & Construction Facility)
• Gulgong High School (Metal Trade Facility)
The objectives for the Trades based facilities that included Metal Trades and/or Building Trades were as follows:
• Provide a safe work area for the teachers and students; Signage; Dust control; Effective lighting levels on the working plane; Heating of the facility; Equipment placement aligned to trade working; Emergency eye wash.
• The objectives for the Hospitality Facilities were as follows:
• Provide a safe work area for the teachers and students; effective lighting on the working bench; functional & efficient commercial kitchen layout
• Providing commercial-grade cooking equipment
• Exhaust fans
• Fire protection measures
• Compliance with Health Food Code regulations for the preparation of food and equipment.