The upgrade at Ourimbah Station was part of the Transport Access Program, a NSW Government initiative to provide a better experience for public transport customers by delivering accessible, modern, secure and integrated transport infrastructure across the state.
The Ourimbah Station Upgrade is providing a station precinct that is accessible to those with a disability, limited mobility, parents/carers with prams and customers with luggage.
– Revised reference design to achieve a better solution
– two new lifts connecting the existing footbridge to the platforms
– a new station entrance from the Pacific Highway
– a new access ramp from the Shirley Street commuter car park to Platform 1
– a new undercover waiting area on Platform 1
– minor changes to existing waiting rooms to provide equitable access
– platform resurfacing, improved amenities and this installation of hearing loops
– lighting and CCTV for security and safety.